Help us raise the needed funds to complete our project and we will reward you!
Visit us on the web at
Jerky is lean meat that has been trimmed of fat, cut into strips, and then put through a slow drying process to prevent spoilage. Normally, this drying includes the addition of salt, to prevent bacteria from developing on the meat before sufficient moisture has been removed.
Just like Jerky, JerkyBooks has been put together slowly, trimmed of excess unneeded features, to create a lean long lasting bookkeeping portal. We have applied our own salt in order to preserve your finances.
JerkyBooks is cross platform, mobile ready, and in the cloud. Have your books, invoices, and tax information always at your finger tips, no matter where you are.
- Accept payments for invoices using Stripe, Paypal, or Dwolla. Other payment gateways are coming but these three are the ones we started with.
- Free memberships enjoy free bookkeeping for life. Manage your accounts and ever pay a dime. Pay for other services only as you need them using our unique pay per use model.
- Standard Members enjoy free invoice that cost free members per invoice.
- Professional Member enjoy everything Standard Members enjoy plus reports, tax documents, and other services are prepared at the click of a button. Also in the works is an API to integrate JerkyBooks straight into your site for a seamless checkout work flow.
All of this without the big costs that come with other similar software.
What We Need & What You Get
Breaking it down for everyone interested:
- Our budget for this project has been set at $2000. We are asking for $2500 to cover fees for payment processing and the like. This has been derived by taken the number of needed development hours left to fully launch the free membership features. Later we will, asses and see if more funding is needed for other features or not. Right now we have Invoicing ready to go. You can send all the invoices you want and accept payments using Stripe for credit cards, PayPal, or Dwolla and the payments are sent directly to you.
- Big or small your donation will get paid back to you no matter what you contribute. We are offering several perks and these perks will Start on January 1, 2015. until January 1, 2015 we are offering all services for free as we develop them. After January 1, 2015 we will turn off the free beta period and you will have to choose a membership unless you have secured one of our perks:
- Pay as you go credit
- 1 Year Standard Membership
- 1 Year Professional Membership
- Lifetime Standard Membership
- Lifetime Professional Membership
- If we don’t meet our entire funding goal we will still proceed as planned and everyone will still get there perks. We just need to keep our lights on while we try and finish this project.
- We are offering free memberships as our way of saying thank you for your contribution. If we finish our development ahead of time we will launch the site but still honor our time lines. In other words if we finish up our development in September your 1 Year Memberships will still be good until January1, 2016, so you will get more like 1 1/4 years free.
- The beta period is scheduled to end January 1, 2015 if we finish ahead of schedule will turn off the beta period early for all new subscribers. All existing subscribers/contributors perk holders will not be responsible for fees until January 1, 2016.
Other similar software either costs a ton year after year, others are missing needed functionality, and other are just sub-par. JerkyBooks is taking aim to lower your overall cost and raise the bar for what your dollar is worth.
Risks & Challenges
Other software is grounded with years of experience in the market, we can not avoid that, however we are keeping our staff small in order to keep our cost down. Keeping our cost down in turn keeps your cost down. In other words everybody here is a programmer,designer, or system administrator. There are no secretary’s, board members, or investors taking cuts out of our profits driving up our costs.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- Make some noise about JerkyBooks and get people interested in what we are doing. Use the Indiegogo share tools!
- Last, you can be a beta tester and contribute your extra time. We are always looking for beta testers and we will even work out a swap in the form of credits for all beta testers. You test our software, give us feebback and we will give you pay as you go credits.
Later folks we will keep you updated!